Monday, September 12, 2011

Simple but Tiring

Today: I took Hannah to school which is always a delight. I walked her to her classroom and visited with her teacher for a few minutes.

Then Hannah took me to visit with her kindergarten teacher; this woman is such a delightful Christian lady. (She was Hannah’s teacher two years ago.)

Next was a stop as Starbucks, not for coffee, but to do some work on the computer which was messing up royally. (Got it taken care of.)

I needed to get my glasses adjusted before I leave the country tomorrow, got that done at Costco.

I went to a sporting goods store to buy a lantern for the orphanage so the workers will not have to work in the dark. I got a battery powered lantern which while using four D batteries is supposed to give off light for 120 hours. I bought a dozen batteries.

Received an email from Ann, she has arranged to have me picked up at the house at 9:15 am to be taken to the airport. My plane is scheduled to leave at 11:45 for Ethiopia.

I went back to the school to see Hannah and to help take of children while they are eating. It is amazing how many bottles need to be opened during one meal. As tables emptied, I sprayed them down and wiped them thoroughly.

Back to the house and rested for one hour and then off to get Hannah again. She is resting while I am finishing this.

Tonight I take my first malaria pill and weigh up bags—50 lbs in each bag.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy day Bob! We're all praying for your trip tomorrow and can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete