Sunday, September 11, 2011

IT IS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE

This morning Ann, Hannah and I went to Church. (Terry was on duty at the fire department) After Church we stopped at Starbucks. Then home to take care of some items like letting the dog out for exercise, had a light lunch and off we went to a store which sells everything for $5.00 or less. Ann and Hannah purchased at least half a bushel of toys for the children in our orphanage in the Congo.

Next stop was Wal-Mart for shopping. Just as we entered the store, we were able to touch bases with a family who had just flown in from Africa with newly adopted twins from our orphanage. Josie started sharing the needs of the new orphans (5) which have just come into their new home. Ann took the phone and listened to the needs.

We went off to fill the needs of the five.

I just packed 30 pairs of undershorts, three pairs of blue jeans, four pairs of pants, nine shirts, two pairs of tennies, several sets of pajamas, five t-shirts and two sets of twin sheets.

Tomorrow I will go to a camping store and buy several battery operated lanterns with spare batteries. Josie said that the orphanage workers operate without lights.

I am so glad that Ann was there to do the shopping for the children. I felt so incompetent in that area.

I have yet to pack the twenty books for the leaders of the Church. I will put them in the duffel bag and dump toys on top of them.

I am so glad that Compassion for the Congo mission gave me an extra stipend for shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment