Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU TAKING TO THE CONGO?

This morning I opened what was called a "sea bag" when I was in the Navy. In it I placed 24 Meals Ready to Eat or as they are better known--MREs. Next was a water purifier purchased from RE I. It is supposed to kill 99.99 per cent of all living organism in clear water. I have been told that in the bottled water which can be purchased locally in the Congo you can see floating items.

For Others: one package of balloons, a very large container of Band Aids, two bars of perfumed soap, four very large bottles of non Aspirin pain killers, children' s vitamins, one package of dried mangoes, a very large container of dry roasted peanuts.

On top of the container I placed a few Fiber One Bars to bring the total weight of the package up to 49.8 lbs. Fifty pounds is the maximum I can carry in a suitcase without paying a penalty for being overloaded.

In another bag I will pack my personal items which are necessary for more than a month of absence.

When I arrive in the Washington D. C. area I will be adding twenty books to my shipment. I will be able to give each person attending the Pastor's Conference a free book in the French Language. These books were graciously given to me by Desiring God's International Ministry.





No comments:

Post a Comment